Friday 30 November 2018

Critical Reflection 1: Module and Project Learning

Looking back on this module, I realized how much weaker my command of English had become. I used to be confident with my speaking and writing skills, but after 2 years without studies, my command of English has dropped. Revisiting English as a communication module has certainly helped in improving on the skills that I had attained before as well as learning new English structures that I never knew about.

My goals for this course were to improve my workplace communication skills as well as my writing skills. My communication skills are improving but it is not at my level of expectation. There are still many areas which require improvement. I believe that my writing skills have not improved much over this course as I am still making simple grammar mistakes in my reports. However, the ability to write well improves over time and with experience. I am sure that my writing skills would improve with the help of the websites given to us and further applying them to my other reports in the future.


Throughout the project, there were many factors which affected the learning process. One area where we had many difficulties in is looking for credible websites to get our information from. Since our solution was a product that is available on the market, most of our sources came from brands’ websites that were selling the product. Therefore, we were not sure if they could be used as a credible source of information for the project. As we did research on our product and its capabilities, we overcame the problem by collating different brands’ products and compared them against each other to ensure its reliability. At the end of the day, I took away many things from this project work and one of those, where the importance of having reliable sources.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Jarod, for this detailed and well articulated reflection. I appreciate your various efforts, in the module and with the project.

    Best wishes as you continue your learning journey and beyond.

    ReplyDelete