Thursday 13 September 2018

Reflection on habitual behaviour


When I was young, there was a period where I used to eat chocolate frequently. Sometimes I would eat before meal times or right after. Being quite young, I did not think of the consequences of what would happen if I ate too much chocolate or if I did not cut down on the intake. I simply enjoyed eating as much chocolate as I wanted to without any concern for my health.

Overtime, I started to have sore throat and cough more frequently than before. I do not know if this is caused from the overeating of chocolate but, it was the reason why I had to cut down on my chocolate intake significantly. Cutting down on chocolate allowed me to eat more in each meal and my health was better than before.

Eating more per meal and my reduced throat problems, helped me to reduce my cravings or intake of chocolate significantly. As I was reducing on my intake on chocolate, I started exercising as well and this helped with getting used to the lack of chocolate in my diet. Ever since this moment, I became health conscious of the type of food that I eat in fear of health implications. 


Edited 9/13/2018 9:07pm

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this well structured and apt reflection, Jarod.

    ReplyDelete